Verified Reviewer

2.9

I spoke with 2 different agents today who gave me the runaround using the exact same scripted answers. I was quoted $900 for 3 nights at La Fonda on the Plaza in Sante Fe, NM.

As I was clicking yes I noticed an extra $248 services and fees charge with no place to ask details. I booked it and then I called the hotel directly and was told that services and fees were 15+%. I called a second hotel in the area and was quoted the same.

Snap travel added an extra $100+ to this amount and said the company needs to make some money to operate. I have used ST before and have not been aware of an exorbitant added charge.

User's recommendation: Beware.

Location: Naples, Florida

Comments

As a customer, I think an extra $100 over and above the added 15% for taxes and fees in Sante Fe, NM is a large margin, not a small margin on an initial $900 sale for 3 nights. I looked back on another Snap Travel confirmation I had and there was not an up charge. I feel like this was a mathematical miscalculation that Snap Travel could easily correct.

Hi Karimah. Our hotel rooms are sourced from different partners including Expedia, Booking and Hotels.com to get you the best rates, and what makes us special is our access to exclusive deals which are only available through direct messaging.

This is just to explain that we definitely not trying to mislead anyone and we are truly sorry that it has caused you this inconvenience. It is just that, even though the hotel might provide you with a folio of the so you have a record of services provided, nonetheless, the invoice you received at the time of booking is the correct documentation for the breakdown of the charges of your purchase. The price on the folio is what we negotiate with our partners.

We add a small margin to cover the costs associated with running a business. We're proud of having the lowest prices around — saving you money on hotels so that you can spend more on the rest of your trip!

SnapTravel Reviews