Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

I had booked a hotel in East London on the night of the 31st of December 2021. But my wife decided that we book one closer to Port Elizabeth as we were heading back to Cape Town.

We noticed all the places in Port Elizabeth were fully booked and we didn't want to cancel our East London booking until we find a hotel in Port Elizabeth.

Eventually, through SnapTravel, we found a place called ROAD LODGE in Port Elizabeth and we paid right away.

After paying we received an email from SnapTravel with this guarantee:

"We work with the world's leading hotels and hotel suppliers, which means your reservation is 100% guaranteed. You do not need to confirm the reservation with the hotel, you are all set!"

We, therefore, didn't bother confirming the reservation with the hotel and cancelled our East London booking. Only to find out when we got to ROAD LODGE, our booking was invalid.

We reached out to SnapTravel via WhatsApp and told them of the situation. We were hoping they would either resolve it or find us another place as per their GUARANTEE...

To cut the long story short, my pregnant wife, my 11 yr old son and I spent the night of the 31st of December sleeping in the car under a tree, on the dangerous streets of South Africa.

All we were offered was our full refund plus R198 "towards our credit for our next booking"

I told them that my wife was pregnant and she cannot sleep in the car. As a result, my wife woke up with her feet swollen that I first had to take her to the doctor.

SnapTravel took no responsibility whatsoever...

Refunding me is not taking responsibility... Someone needs to account for this.

User's recommendation: Their guarantee is misleading... They'll leave you to die in the bush and offer to pay you back your money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Snaptravel Room Booking.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments